Nin Hao !
In the spirit of drilling down the dynamics of the Internet in China , We have published a data filled , action packed slideshow “Handbook of Online China” on the eve of Beijing Olympics inauguration . The report focus on three key themes – China as an online leader , China Insider – the competitive landscape in Search , IM & Web 2.0 & Business in Online China – that are essentially key indicators of the ongoing development of the dynamic Internet market in China.
The report is unique of its kind .Whether you are an online china observer , analyst or investor , we are sure you will find the slideshow really handy. Our summary follows :
- China is the largest market for Internet users (253 MM as of June 2008) despite the fact that only 19.1% of the country’s population is online.The rapid growth in Internet usage can be estimated from the fact that around half of Top 20 trafficked Asia Pacific sites are in China.
- Chinese Internet is for Virtual Fun. Chinese are much addicted to Internet than their US counterparts.
- Local players outperforms western players.Tencent’s QQ leads the IM market with whopping 78% market share. Google has mere 25% market share in Chinese search market.
- China ranks above daily Global average across all social media . More than one third of Chinese netizens spend 1-3 hours daily on BBS. As we reported earlier BBS are acting as grape vine to spread buzz like ‘Fake Tiger Scam‘ & ‘Nail House‘.
- Did you meet JingJing & Chacha ? They are Chinas virtual cops . Internet censorship is very common in China but 85% of Chinese Citizens approve Internet Censorship .
- Why Online ad market in China is HOT ? Check out the report for latest stat on Chinese Internet players earning from online ads & per capita Ad spent .
- Finally if you are keenly watching the global platform war , this report includes the state of Chinese Internet players affinity towards OpenSocial.
We would wait for your feedback & comments on the report. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PPT HERE!