According to comScore recent report the online gaming community has reached 217 million people world wide.
- Online gaming sites enjoy a year-on-year growth of 17%.
- The average online gamer visits a gaming site 9 times a month.
- Yahoo! Games is the market leader, attracting 53 million unique visitors.
MSN Games in second place reaching 40 millions unique visitors.
- Yahoo! Games dominates North America and Asia-Pacific continents.
MSN dominates Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
- Desired content: strategy, trivia, arcade, and board games, with puzzle and card games proving to be the most popular choices for gamers.
More data on this topic:
Nielsen report: online gaming more popular among women