On this impressive trendmap (Wow! why didn’t I come up with this one?), 200 most successful websites are presented and ordered by category, proximity, success, popularity and perspective.
The map has divided the web into 12 categories:
- Social News
- Chinese line
The map has differentiated between web 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0, added a forecast icon for the success of each site and used a size categorization.
Mapping the web is certainly not an easy assignment. Though, for the next version – I would make some revisions:
1. add mobile web line
2. change movies to videos
3. delete the “sharing” category: I think most current categories are based on sharing: sharing photos, videos and writing content.
4. above all- turn it into a 3D map: having the YOU connected to each of the sites according to the brand’s relative strength from users perspective (aggregated by: number of visitors but also brand image and emotional values).
I would anticipate few major changes for the next version:
1. to have a more centralized characteristics as more websites will be acquired by the big players.
2. not to include moneymakers: unfortunately, if most websites will not be about making money, they might not survive the next version.
3. to have a Green path, if not a green line (eco).
What would you add, delete, change anticipate? would we see some web 3.0?